Theresa Giampa was raised in Ambler, PA and became a Registered Nurse just prior to our marriage. She went on to become a Certified Nurse Midwife and gathered 4 degrees along the way. Today she leads a team at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Daughter of Joseph V. Giampa, Sr. and Joan Borgiet Giampa (deceased); sister of Tom, Joey and Michael Giampa
- Raised in Ambler, PA
- Graduate of Georgia State University in Atlanta, GA (BS Nursing and PhD)
- Graduate of Emory University in Atlanta, GA (MS Nursing and MPH)
- Registered Nurse (RN) and Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
- Theresa has previously held positions in nursing, midwifery and research at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Northside Hospital, Grady Memorial Hospital (delivered about 1,000 babies!), and Georgia State University
- She is now a team leader at the CDC (some of her work is cited here)